Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lolcats, P.I.N.'s, and mashups, oh my!


My creation, originally uploaded by Spritle1.

Michael T. (who was helped by his knit and tech-savvy wife) showed me the ropes on using Flickr, mashups, and blogs. The instructions are a tad lengthy and clunky; if you call one of us we'd be happy to walk you through the process. This picture has a SPLL2 tag (by the way how will the wizards who check our progress know we've tagged these photos with SPLL2?)

Now, I know some of you may be inclined to remind me of the need for a spell checker. However, for those in the elite Lolcats club you know that lolcats speak their own language.

This was fun; I always wondered how people created these!

What could a library do with this technology? That's for another blog.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cats. You should make them a twitter. They could post how they are sleeping, still sleeping and sleeping again a bit later.

    Btw, you should ask me on Tuesday how to schedule your blog with automatic or delayed postings. I went a little crazy this weekend and didn't want to overload people with a bazillion blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ray! I,ve seen LOLCats used as slides in conference sessions - way to keep folks' attention while waiting for the program to start.

    ReplyDelete